- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
In 2020 we are transforming the way our Manufacturing and Assembly teams work. If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- Review the action messages generated by MRP, review, prepare, issue, and expedite (or de-expedite) purchase orders, and monitor
- Maintain and revise safety stock level, order frequency, order quantity and modes of delivery to optimise inventory level and availability of components
- Evaluate and propose opportunities for cost reduction of purchased components
- Work with suppliers to ensure the components are delivered as planned, should there be any changes to the delivery quantity, dates, and lines of Purchase Orders to be updated in the SYSPRO timely manner
- Expedite orders as needed to meet customer demand
- Evaluate and review purchasing to provide management with daily analysis and reporting of purchasing status.
- Establish and coordinate purchasing schedules. Work closely with other departments, (i.e. SMT, Paint, Plating, Packing, CNC, Labeling, Packaging) to manage the product flow to meet deadlines and prevent line stoppages and delays.
- Make sure that required materials reach the installation point at the proper time in the proper sequence and in sufficient quantity, in keeping with the schedule.
- Assess and determine reasons for delays in delivery of materials and recommends possible corrective action.
- Manage MRP parameters to ensure timely material purchase order creation and delivery to support schedules and to meet inventory management objectives
- Ensures the ongoing functionality of the MRP and computer systems to generate accurate material requirements, production and inventory status reports, as well as the other information necessary to plan production and manage inventory
- Prepare accurate documentations to ensure seamless shipping process
- Perform supplier performance assessments periodically and maintain scorecards
- Performs other duties as assigned
We will provide you with the tools and environment to enable you to be successful, you will be required to have the following toolkit;
- Good understanding in purchasing, inventory/warehousing control, production control/planning or scheduling experience a plus
- Experience negotiating win-win outcomes with suppliers in terms of capacity, quality, and price.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (i.e. SMT, CNC, Finishing, Moulding, and production assembly) and technical understanding of components
- Knowledge of Lean process improvement methodologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a high pressured and deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated organization and MS Excel skills (MS Office, ERP, or equivalent)
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Science, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years working with any ERP system, preferable SYSPRO
- APICS certification is a plus
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.
Applications for this position have closed.