Senior Design Engineer
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally.
We are currently looking for a passionate, talented, and dedicated Senior Design Engineer to join our rapidly growing Technical Manufacturing team, working in our state-of-the-art production facilities in Silverwater, Sydney.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring RØDE’s engineering design requirements and operational goals are achieved, by ensuring a smooth and consistent flow of engineering design information from new product development through to a manufactured part. Our salary range for this role is from $100,000 - $130,000.
Your responsibilities will include the following
- Delivery of projects from briefing through to production in a fast-paced product/tooling development environment
- Ensures the timely design of moulds, automation, jigs, fixtures, and gauges to meet RØDE’s design standards
- Apply CAD skills to deliver design projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Timely creation of engineering drawings
- Assists other departments with design for manufacturing components
- Training and mentorship of junior design engineers on industry best practices
- Ensures a smooth flow of information to the tooling and manufacturing teams
- Meets KPI’s set out by the Engineering Design Manager and communicates any obstacles
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Engineering trade or relevant engineering tertiary qualification preferred
- Demonstrated significant experience in tooling, with a focus on multiple material injection moulding and insert injection moulding
- Demonstrated significant experience in parametric design and simulation software
- Proficiency in VISI CAD/CAM, Solidworks will be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in automation design; from simple end-of-arm tooling to lights out automatic cells
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of engineering drafting
- Demonstrated understanding of various manufacturing processes: turning, milling, grinding, wire-cut, EDM, injection moulding, pressure die casting
- Practical knowledge of metals/plastics, properties, and finishing
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication with internal/external stakeholders
- Knowledge and implementation of 5S methodology
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film, and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.