Production Supervisor - Afternoon
RØDE is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Production Supervisor to join our rapidly-growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
About the role
As the Production Supervisor, you will actively and safely work to deliver on manufacturing capability, output quality and efficiency. The role is responsible for leading a team of process workers and operators. The right candidate will ensure the delivery of the daily production schedule is carried out safely, maintaining quality and maximising productivity through continuous improvement initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Supervise the afternoon shift, including the assembly and packing at Silverwater
- Manage and evaluate resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Oversee a workforce of employees in a manufacturing department.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Set production goals and communicate them to key personnel based on a schedule provided by the Production Planner
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process
- Monitor quality standards of products
- Implement quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Planning Teams
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Must be able to work afternoon shifts with some 8+ hour days
- Experience in manufacturing with FMCG or High Tech preferred
- Significant experience with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, Lean Manufacturing, Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Knowledge and experience with product launch processes
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Proficient in Excel
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant tertiary qualification will be highly regarded (business, engineering, or supply chain preferred)
- Proven track record in Manufacturing Supervision
- Proven experience in leading teams to achieve maximum output
- Experienced at ensuring jobs are created and transacted correctly in an ERP system
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing safety and/or quality programs & processes
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from COVID-19 vaccinated people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.