At RØDE we are passionate about audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? RØDE is looking for passionate, talented, and dedicated Buyer to join our rapidly growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi.
The Buyer will work across the business to support RØDE’s manufacturing and supply chain transformation journey. They will provide suppliers with forecast and relevant information as well as coordinating material requirements to ensure a reliable supply of materials timed to meet production requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and managing relationships with suppliers
- Review the action messages generated by MRP, review, prepare, issue, and expedite (or de-expedite) purchase orders, and monitor
- Maintain and revise safety stock level, order frequency, order quantity and modes of delivery to optimise inventory level and availability of components
- Establish and coordinate purchasing schedules. Work closely with other departments, (i.e., SMT and NPD) to manage the product flow to meet deadlines and prevent line stoppages and delays.
- Make sure that required materials reach the installation point at the proper time in the proper sequence and in sufficient quantity, in keeping with the schedule.
- Evaluate and propose opportunities for cost reduction of purchased components
- Ensures the ongoing functionality of the MRP and computer systems to generate accurate material requirements, production and inventory status reports, as well as the other information necessary to plan production and manage inventory
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation to ensure seamless shipping process
- Perform supplier performance assessments periodically and maintain scorecards
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years working with any ERP system
- Good understanding in purchasing, inventory/warehousing control, production control/planning or scheduling experience a plus
- Ability to work in a high pressured and deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated organization and MS Excel skills (MS Office, ERP, Oracle or equivalent)
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with a team
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting-edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.