Cardioid End-Address Dynamic USB
The Podcaster is a dynamic end-address USB microphone that combines broadcast-quality audio with the simplicity of USB connectivity. It features a premium dynamic capsule with a tight polar pattern providing excellent room noise rejection, plus an internal shockmount for superior isolation from knocks, bumps and keyboard sounds and an internal pop filter for minimising plosives. A headphone output on the microphone body allows for zero-latency monitoring, so you can hear exactly what is being recorded, free of delay or echo. Delivering high-quality audio quality with incredible ease of use, the Podcaster is ideal for a wide variety of voice applications, including podcasting, voice-over recording, gaming and livestreaming.
- Broadcast-quality dynamic USB microphone
- Tight cardioid polar pattern provides excellent room noise rejection
- Internal capsule shockmount and pop filter
- High-quality headphone output for zero-latency monitoring
- 10-year warranty
Please note that the latest firmware is dated 2008, so unless your microphone was purchased earlier it very likely has the latest firmware factory installed.
Some software packages require an ASIO drivers in order to work with all audio interfaces. The RØDE Podcaster does not come with an ASIO driver as standard. However, a free universal ASIO driver called ASIO4ALL is available to download.
Please note that the firmware update process is only necessary for Podcaster microphones with serial numbers below 7730 and for use on Windows. If your microphone has a serial number over 7730, it will already have this installed at the factory and is not necessary for operation on Apple computers.
The following firmware update makes it possible for early model Podcasters to operate with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and later versions of the Windows operating system. For this reason, it is a requirement that the update be performed on a Windows XP machine, as anything later than this will be unable to 'see' the microphone to update it.
To update your Podcaster:
- On a Windows XP computer, download the firmware update. (316Kb)
- Connect the Podcaster microphone to an available USB port
- Wait for the computer to recognise the microphone, indicated by the green LED on the Podcaster
- Run the firmware update by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- Do not disconnect the microphone during the update.
- Once the update is complete, the Podcaster will be compatible with Windows Vista, 7 and 8.