RØDE Product Warranty - Terms and Conditions
If any terms of this warranty conflict with local statutory rights as required by relevant consumer law within the country of purchase, then those local rights shall take precedence over the terms below.
All RØDE products (excluding software) are covered by a limited warranty for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Software products ae covered by the specific agreement outlined during the installation of the software.
The terms and conditions of the RØDE limited warranty are:
- The warranty only applies to RØDE products purchased from authorized RØDE dealers.
- The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship of the RØDE product, and is limited to the cost of parts and labour required for the proper repair of the RØDE product. In its sole discretion, in circumstances where a proper repair of the RØDE product is not possible or feasible, RØDE may replace the RØDE product with a new RØDE product of a similar model and/or specification.
- The warranty does not cover any of the following: damage caused by the user; spillages or moisture; neglect, abuse or misuse (including but not limited to the failure to use the RØDE product for its normal purpose in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for usage), failure to properly maintain the RØDE product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, and/or the failure to use the RØDE product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications; normal wear and tear; use of microphone with incompatible or faulty equipment; unauthorized modifications; repairs conducted by unauthorized persons or service centres; the model and/or serial number being altered, removed or made illegible; accidents; force majeure or acts of God. RØDE shall determine, at its sole discretion, whether the product has been subject to any of the exclusions outlined in this clause.
- The warranty is transferable during the term of the applicable warranty period of the RØDE product, provided that the original purchaser has registered the microphone for the extended warranty and provided RØDE with a copy of the original proof of purchase from an authorised RØDE dealer. Each and every claim made pursuant to this warranty by any person other than the original purchaser will incur a AUS$20.00 charge payable to RØDE upon making a warranty claim.
- The warranty does not affect any statutory rights that the original purchaser may have in accordance with the law applicable in the jurisdiction where the RØDE product was purchased, or any rights that the original purchaser may have against the authorized RØDE dealer pursuant to their original purchase agreement. Such statutory rights may not apply to subsequent owners of the RØDE Microphone.
- In order to claim pursuant to this warranty in the period of one (1) year from the date of purchase of the RØDE microphone (or during the extended warranty period pursuant to clauses 13 and 14 if applicable), the RØDE product must be delivered, together with evidence of the original proof of purchase, to an authorized RØDE service center in the region where the purchaser resides.
- Once the RØDE product has been received, the authorized RØDE service center will then arrange the repair (or replacement where applicable pursuant to clause 2 above) in accordance with the warranty repair procedure prescribed by RØDE for their authorized service center network. The warranty repair will be conducted by the authorized RØDE service center as promptly as possible and within a reasonable time from the date of submission for the warranty repair.
- Authorized RØDE service centers in each region can be contacted via https://www.rode.com/contact.
- In all circumstances, a claimant under this warranty will be liable for all costs in delivering the RØDE microphone to the authorized RØDE service center for warranty repair and for all costs in collecting the RØDE microphone from that authorized RØDE service center after warranty repair. That authorized RØDE service center may waive the cost of return shipping to a nominated address after the warranty repair in that service center’s sole discretion.
- RØDE will not accept any warranty repair without the original proof or purchase of the RØDE product, or without the registration of the RØDE product during the extended warranty period. It is the original purchaser’s responsibility to keep the original proof or purchase safe at all times, as RØDE is not obliged to provide a replacement of the original proof or purchase, or to transfer that proof of purchase to any subsequent owners of the RØDE microphone.
- Any repair or replacement of a RØDE product pursuant to this warranty does not extend the warranty, and the original term of the warranty will remain.
- RØDE shall not be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the RØDE microphone arising out of the use or inability to use the RØDE microphone insofar as allowed to be disclaimed by law in the jurisdiction where the RØDE Microphone was purchased.
- For selected products, this warranty can be extended to either two (2) years, five (5) years or ten (10) years from the date of purchase, depending on the product. The length of the extended warranty period shall be as displayed in the RØDE warranty portal (https://warranty.rode.com/) at the time the product was purchased. To be eligible for the extension of the warranty, the original purchaser must register the purchase of their RØDE product online in the warranty portal. The terms and conditions of the original warranty will then apply for the term of the extended warranty period.
- For the RØDE M1 live dynamic and RØDE Classic II (Limited Edition) microphone only, this warranty can be extended to the lifetime of the product from the date of purchase. To be eligible for the extension of the warranty, the original purchaser must register the purchase of their RØDE M1 live dynamic microphone or RØDE Classic II (Limited Edition) online at www.rode.com/warranty. The terms and conditions of the original warranty will then apply for the term of the extended warranty period.