At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- The first line/point of escalation for SMT and Selective Soldering production technical issues
- Programming, diagnostic and issue resolution of SMT and Selective Soldering equipment
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems including field failures, component obsolescence and cost reductions
- Generate and review the technical content of drawings, specifications, reports and other documentation associated with SMT and Selective Soldering
- Perform the writing and incorporation of engineering change notices, manage product configurations and review changes
- Collaborate with New Product Development/NPI to ensure the design is reliable and producible
- Review equipment capability for manufacturing
- Provide engineering support to the ongoing improvement in the manufacturing process
- Work with teams to develop and implement production processes for new products, product enhancements and product changes
- Training and developing SMT and SS operators
- Monitoring and reporting on SMT and SS performance
- Organise equipment commissioning, calibration, validation as well as preparation of operating instructions, maintenance schedules and training to team members
We will provide you with the tools and environment to enable you to be successful, but you will be required to bring with you;
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Engineering) or related technical field
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing practices and manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity and experience with paste printing, paste inspection, SMT mounting, Line Software, AOI, Reflow, Selective Soldering and Altium Designer
- Familiarity with support equipment for both engineering and manufacturing
- Experience with mechanical development lifecycle and development processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of commercial specifications and standards related to engineering design and documentation
- Experience recognising and solving failure modes that occur in high reliability environments
- Experience in developing engineering requirements, designs, verification and validation of products and product integration
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run lists and schematics and manufacturing instructions
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.