At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market? RØDE is looking for a passionate, talented, and dedicated Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing manufacturing team, working in our state-of-the-art production facilities in Sydney.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for providing support to resolve technical issues by continuously engaging with the manufacturing team and other stake holders.
You will be challenged to rise above the ordinary
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include
- Leading a team to develop and implement production processes for automated test equipment, product enhancements and product changes.
- Pursuing innovative ideas to improve productivity.
- Leading the design and development of the software architecture for automated test equipment (ATE).
- Leading the design and development of database and network-based systems for logging data and reporting information.
- Maintaining interaction with production staff and develop workable solutions to technical issues.
- Driving the process of collecting user requirements and documenting system requirement specifications and code reviews
- Leading a team to maintain and repair software and firmware issues on production, acoustic, RF and electronic equipment
- Documenting improved process learnings and share best practices with the team.
- Studying and recommending corrective actions for enhancing manufacturing efficiency
- Monitor failure rate and investigate and recommend fixes to reduce rejects.
- Ensuring computing infrastructure and equipment are properly working, maintained and continuously improved.
- Complying with all obligations under Work Health and Safety Legislation.
The tools you bring will be enhanced by our Technology
We require someone with the following
- Certification in a formal software development process (e.g. Agile)
- Significant experience with test-driven-development
- Good technical understanding of manufacturing processes
- Extensive experience with C++ and Python
- Understanding of electronic circuit diagrams and experience interfacing with microcontroller-based electronic systems including AVR, ARM and Linux based architectures
- Experience as Technical SME for System Architecture (Embedded Systems Development)
- Demonstrated experience using electronic tools such as multi meters and oscilloscopes.
- Experience in code performance optimisation is desirable.
- Experience with continuous-integration build servers is desirable.
- Advanced diploma or engineering degree (Embedded Electronics/Software)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to enable the development of good working relationships with internal departments and external customers
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting-edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.