At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally.
The Production Planner is responsible for scheduling the usage of production materials to ensure optimal levels. A typical day will see you creating weekly jobs for the monthly SMT (Surface Mount Technology), soldering, and packing jobs based on MPS plan. You will be a proactive team member, identifying any capacity constraints or issues and acting upon them promptly.
This fantastic long-term opportunity offers ample development and progression paths to see you grow and progress in the role and the business.
Your responsibilities will include the following.
- Create weekly jobs for the monthly SMT line, soldering line and packing jobs based on MPS plan for the next 4 weeks
- Identify any capacity constraints or issues for the next 4 weeks
- Identify job shortages for the next 4 weeks and update plans accordingly
- Review and schedule the daily SMT line, soldering line and packing production jobs for the next 2 weeks based on material and capacity availability and communicate the plans with the Production Manager
- Check job shortages for jobs to be kitted in the next 3 days and ensure they are issued on time
- Liaise with the Production Manager to ensure sufficient resources are available
- Work with Master Scheduler on weekly/daily basis to align assembly with packing jobs
- Create and share the picking schedule for the packing work centre on daily basis
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or Production Planning field is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems is essential
- Demonstrated experience in production and/or supply planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be a clear communicator, with strong stakeholder engagement
- At least 2 years’ experience in a production planning/materials controls function within manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry such as audio and technology. Experience in consumer electronics would be favoured
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film, and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.