At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? RØDE is looking for passionate, talented, and dedicated Senior Buyer to join our rapidly-growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hardworking, talented and are pivotal to our success.
The Senior Buyer will work across the business to support RØDE’s manufacturing and supply chain transformation journey. They will provide suppliers with forecast and relevant information as well as coordinating material requirements to ensure reliable supply of materials timed to meet production requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing new suppliers.
- Managing relationships with existing suppliers.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance of managed category.
- Leading high-level negotiations to achieve competitive deals.
- Review the action messages generated by MRP, review, prepare, issue, and expedite (or de-expedite) purchase orders, and monitor.
- Maintain and revise safety stock level, order frequency, order quantity and modes of delivery to optimise inventory level and availability of components.
- Evaluate and propose opportunities for cost reduction of purchased components.
- Evaluate and review purchasing to provide management with daily analysis and reporting of purchasing status.
- Establish and coordinate purchasing schedules. Work closely with other departments, (i.e., SMT and NPD) to manage the product flow to meet deadlines and prevent line stoppages and delays.
- Make sure that required materials reach the installation point at the proper time in the proper sequence and in sufficient quantity, in keeping with the schedule.
- Ensures the ongoing functionality of the MRP and computer systems to generate accurate material requirements, production and inventory status reports, as well as the other information necessary to plan production and manage inventory.
- Prepare accurate documentation to ensure seamless shipping process.
- Perform supplier performance assessments periodically and maintain scorecards.
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Science, Business Administration, or related field
- 10+ years working with any ERP system.
- Existing relationships in same or like industries.
- Experience managing categories and purchasing for said categories.
- Degree or planning certification strongly preferred.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Good understanding in purchasing, inventory/warehousing control, production control/planning or scheduling experience a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (i.e., SMT and production assembly) and technical understanding of components.
- Knowledge of Lean process improvement methodologies and concepts.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.