At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today?
RØDE is an Australian owned audio technology company with a strong focus on innovation and New Product Development. At RØDE we value integrity, innovation, professionalism, and passion. Our high end audio technology equipment can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical/ Automation Engineer to join our team working on the development of cutting-edge audio technologies. You will be responsible for providing day to day support to production to allow manufacturing targets to be met. You will also be responsible for formalising our production processes and procedures with a view to improve productivity and quality.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems including field failures, component obsolescence, and cost reductions
- Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design
- Perform the writing and incorporation of engineering change notices, manage product configurations, and review changes written by other team members
- Collaborate with NPD to ensure the design is reliable, producible and meets the customer needs
- Support senior engineering personnel in the mechanical design, development, and selection of hardware components for electrical mechanical assemblies utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories, and techniques
- Review internal operational facility and provide a further technical support of all existing production machinery and infrastructure of a factory. Maintain knowledge and technical expertise to assist with any factory improvements, constructions, upgrades, implementation of automation, etc.
- Lead a team to develop and implement production processes for new products, product enhancements and product changes. Design a layout, plan installation and connections, organise third party companies required for installation. Install related equipment, fixtures, and tooling.
- Organise equipment commissioning, calibration, validation as well preparation of operating instructions, maintenance schedules and trainings to team members with compliance with WHS and QMS.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent experience required.
- Design of Electronics Assemblies using 3D CAD tools such as Creo Parametric or similar 3D CAD tools
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) practices and manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity and experience with industrial controls programs
- Experience with mechanical development lifecycle and development processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of commercial specifications and standards related to mechanical design and documentation
- Experience recognizing and solving mechanical failure modes that occur in high reliability environments
- Experience developing mechanical requirements, designs, verification and validation of products, and product integration
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run lists, and schematics and manufacturing instructions
Life at RØDE
- We are passionate, hardworking, and talented and thrive in challenging situations
- Onsite Gym and wellbeing program
- Free employee assistance program, available 24/7
Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.