At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
RØDE manufactures and exports precision tools of creativity to the world. Our Australian designed and made microphones are exported to over 140 countries enabling millions of people around the world to be heard. Our employees are passionate, hardworking, talented and are pivotal to our success.
We have an exciting opportunity for SMT Operators to join our team for the following shifts:
- Morning: 6am - 2:06pm
- Afternoon: 2pm - 10:06pm
- Night: 10pm - 6am (Sunday night start)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operate the SMT production line
- Soldering to IPC Standard (through hole soldering)
- Operate the Selective Soldering Machine
- Operate the automated optical inspection machine (AOI machine) for both catastrophic failure and quality defects
- General PCB assembly work
- PCB quality inspection and rework
- Replenish supplies and components and perform job changeovers in as short a time as possible
- Operate the Solder Paste Screen Printer
- Check own work to ensure defects do not occur
- Modify machine programs as required
- Log the time taken for a task against a job
- Routine cleaning and minor maintenance
Knowledge and Experience:
- Recognised Tertiary Qualification in Electronics/Electrotechnology Engineering
- Experience with SMT or AOI production equipment (preferably YAMAHA)
- At least 1+ years of experience in Electronics manufacturing industry
- Strong eye-hand coordination, vision, and manual dexterity to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Trained in ESD safety and to IPC-A-610 standards.
- Assembling and/or inspecting products under a microscope.
- Able to perform basic tasks on a computer
- Experience with the Selective Solder process.
- Experience in manufacturing with lead-free processes.
- Familiarity with clean room requirements.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.