Product Design Engineer
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market? We can give you the opportunity to see your concept go into production!
RØDE is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Product Design Engineers to join our rapidly-growing team.The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
You will be responsible for
- Delivery of projects from briefing through to production in a fast paced product development environment
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RØDE brand
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders
- Some international travel may be required
The tools you bring will be enhanced by our Technology. We are looking for people who
- Proven industry experience of product design engineering in consumer/technology product design and problem solving (electromechanical experience is highly desirable)
- Experience in in-house product development environment delivering project to production (desirable Strong in detailing design concept through to production - Generating mechanical concepts and prototype testing, Detailing and design for manufacture and tooling, Tool design review with tool makers, Product verification (testing and documentation), Mechanical drawings, Production hand over
- Experience with variety of manufacturing processes - especially injection moulding, metal casting, metal fabrication and CNC machining etc
- Practical knowledge of materials, material properties and material finishing - especially plastics and metals
- Self-disciplined team player, able to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Process-orientated approach
- CAD – Advanced CAD modelling in Onshape (required), Solidworks (required), Pro-E/Creo (desirable)
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from vaccinated people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.