Embedded Firmware Engineer
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- Develop and maintain a variety of firmware platforms that integrate with and utilize a number of different MCU and SoC platforms
- Contribute to design of high quality, realtime firmware in order to produce an exciting roadmap of professional audio products
- Work with the existing firmware team to bring-up and investigate a variety RF radio stacks and protocols
- Additional contribution to a growing embedded Linux ecosystem for current and future product designs including low level drivers, kernel subsystems and userspace applications
- Collaborate with a diverse team of firmware, electronics and software engineers
- Delivery of prototypes in a fast paced product development environment
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RODE brand
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders and collaborators
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Proven experience (over 3 years) as an embedded firmware engineer: Solid understanding of bare-metal and RTOS firmware development techniques
- Past experience developing on MCU platforms such as Nordic NRF, Texas Instruments, STM32
- Expert proficiency in the following languages: C/C++, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with profiling tools in real-time environments
- Highly competent in source control platforms such as GIT
- Meticulous attention to detail and process-orientated approach
- Self-disciplined team player, able to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
You would benefit from having the following skills and experience:
- Experience in Linux kernel development is ideal alongside bare-metal MCU skills
- Analogue RF design and development, specifically in short to medium range transmission
- DSP architectures and frameworks within embedded devices and other platforms.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.