Senior Acoustic Engineer
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry?
RØDE is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Acoustic Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in the design, development, and testing of our next-generation audio products. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in acoustics, electrical engineering, or a related field and be able to contribute effectively to multidisciplinary project teams.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann, Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
About the role:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop innovative audio products, focusing on acoustics, transducer design, and system integration.
- Conduct research on the latest trends and technologies in the field of acoustics and audio engineering.
- Perform acoustic simulations, measurements, and analysis to optimize the performance of our products.
- Evaluate and refine designs to ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and customer requirements.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams on design and manufacturing requirements
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation, including design specifications, test reports, and product manuals.
- Managing the anechoic chamber facilities including all state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment
- Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance – in line with the RØDE brand
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders and contributors locally and abroad.
- A post-graduate degree in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of acoustics principles, transducer design, and audio signal processing, and measurement techniques
- Knowledge of microphones and microphone techniques
- Good written and verbal communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in using acoustic simulation and measurement tools, such as MATLAB, COMSOL, or similar software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to acoustics and audio engineering.
- Experience in designing and developing audio products, preferably in the microphone and audio technology industry is a plus.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.