Updating the RØDECaster Pro Firmware
To update the firmware for your RØDECaster Pro, follow these four simple steps. Note this process will also update your Companion App.
- Install the Companion App to your computer using the download button above.
- Connect your RØDECaster Pro to your computer via USB.
- Open the Companion App. You will be automatically prompted to update the firmware on your RØDECaster Pro.
- Alternatively, you can manually update from within the Companion App by going to ‘File’ > ‘Update Firmware’.
Public Beta Firmware Version 2.1.2
Public beta firmware version 2.1.2 is now live! If you would like to take part in this public beta program, please download and install using the links below.
Beta firmware version 2.1.2 comes with MIDI support, new sound pad modes ('Profanity button' & 'Trash-talk' Mode) and the option to change the language across the companion app and RØDECaster Pro.
NOTE: This version of the firmware is a public beta and is not fully supported. As such, we don't recommend it for critical projects.
Download beta firmware version 2.1.2 here:
For help in setting up with the MIDI function in beta firmware version 2.1.2, check out the walkthroughs below:
For the new ASIO driver for Windows, see the below download file:
For help in setting up and using the new ASIO Driver for the RØDECaster Pro, see the walkthrough below:
The Companion App is designed to ensure the seamless connection between your RØDECaster Pro and any connected computer and gives you access to powerful features including sound pad customisation, granular effects and processing, saving settings, podcast exporting and more.
Reverting to Stable Firmware
If you have installed beta firmware version 2.1.2 and want to revert back to the most recent stable version (2.1.0), you can do so by downloading the previous version of the RØDECaster Pro companion app.
- Uninstall the beta version 2.1.2 RØDECaster Pro companion app from your computer.
- Download and install firmware version 2.1.0 via the link below.
- Open the companion app and click ‘File’ > ‘Update Firmware’ > then click ‘Update’ in the pop-up box to revert back to the 2.1.0 firmware.
- Your RØDECaster Pro will automatically switch off after updating; switch it back on to complete the process.
Download firmware version 2.1.0 here
If you have any issues, don’t hesitate to get in touch here.