Apprenticeship - Surface Finishing
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality audio and video equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world.
Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally.
RØDE are well known in the audio and video technology industry for creating the best quality products for our consumers.
RØDE Apprenticeship Program:
We are currently seeking a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Surface Finishing) (MEM31922) apprentice to join our team in 2024. The apprenticeship will focus on the principles and practice of Electroplating and Anodising along with all related fabrication processes, working with precision engineered parts.
For the duration of the four-year apprenticeship, RØDE will provide you with continuous mentoring and support to help achieve your career goals.
Certificate III in Engineer - Fabrication Trade (Surface Finishing) MEM31922)
The training provider - Australian Institute of Surface Finishing (AISF), specifies the competencies required for employment as an Engineering Tradesperson.
Fabrication includes metal fabrication, forging, founding, structural steel erection, electroplating, metal spinning, metal polishing, sheet metal work, welding and the use of related computer-controlled equipment including automation.
The training would combine theory and practical elements, comprising of many varied processes with respect to Surface Finishing. Time would be dedicated to building skills in engineering methods and administration, as well as business improvement techniques.
Day to day:
- Review technical drawings of parts to process requirements.
- Masking of parts.
- Part loading and unloading including rack and flight bar integrity inspection.
- Chemical make-up of electrolytes, pre- and post-treatment solutions for electroplating and anodising processes.
- Problem solving – process.
- Measurement and control of production processes.
- Process chemistry control - chemical analysis and replenishment.
- Environmental awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 EMS.
- Chemical awareness – risk assessment, material safety data and technical data sheets.
- Comply with work, health, and safety (WHS) codes of practice.
- Wastewater (effluent) treatment control including permit discharge consent.
- Plant preventative maintenance.
- Part control – standard quality checks.
- House-keeping – ensure the facility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Perform related duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Duration of Apprenticeship:
The standard duration is 4 years. This incorporates formal training facilitated by the Australian Institute of Engineers (AIE) – this is conducted both in-house with one of their representatives on-site, and remotely via distance learning.
Expected career progression:
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, full time employment is offered with opportunities for continuous professional development.
To be successful in this role, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Commitment to full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
- IT literate
- Demonstrate an interest in Science and Engineering.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Be driven, motivated and organised.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach rather than reactive.
- Analytically minded with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent team player.
- Reside within a commutable distance.
- Free on-site gym.
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- Professional development allowance after 12 months.
- Work and learn with the very best in the manufacturing industry.
- Discount on our quality products.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today.