Electronics Software Engineer Lead
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today?
RØDE is an Australian owned audio technology company with a strong focus on innovation and New Product Development. At RØDE we value integrity, innovation, professionalism, and passion. Our high-end audio technology equipment can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers.
RØDE is looking for a passionate, talented, and dedicated Electronics Software Engineer Lead to join our rapidly growing team. The Electronics Software Engineer Lead is responsible for providing day to day support to production to allow manufacturing targets to be met. You will formalise the Company’s production processes and procedures and strive for continuous productivity and quality improvements/enhancements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design Software Applications to test electronic software and product functionality to ensure it complies with specifications.
- Provide and assist software electronic engineering support as required to the teams with validation.
- Create, maintain and update engineering related aspects (e.g. parts, bill of materials) of the material requirements planning (MRP) system with accurate documentation for assembly and calibration.
- Analyse, evaluate, develop, and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Ensure components, processes, inventory, and products are designed to maximise effective manufacture and efficiency requirements.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems including field failures, component obsolescence, and cost reductions.
- Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other associated documentation.
- Perform the writing and incorporation of engineering change notices, manage product configurations, and review changes written by other team members.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure the design is reliable, producible and meets the Company and customer needs.
- Review internal operational facility and provide a further technical support of all existing production machinery and infrastructure of a factory.
- Maintain knowledge and technical expertise to assist with any factory improvements, constructions, upgrades, implementation of automation, etc.
- Lead a team to develop and implement production processes for new products, product enhancements and product changes.
- Organise equipment commissioning, calibration, validation as well preparation of operating instructions, maintenance schedules and trainings to team members with compliance with WHS and QMS.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to support production.
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) layout and design
- Experience using 3D CAD design software (e.g., Solidworks) is advantageous, although not mandatory
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) practices, support equipment development and manufacturing equipment
- Experience with electronic development lifecycle and development processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of commercial specifications and standards related to electronic design and documentation
- Experience developing mechanical requirements, designs, verification and validation of products, and product integration
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run-lists, and schematics and manufacturing instructions
- A good understanding of structured projects and engineering methodologies
- Excellent team, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Life at RØDE
- We are passionate, hardworking, and talented and thrive in challenging situations
- Onsite Gym and wellbeing program
- Free employee assistance program, available 24/7
Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.