Mobile App Developer
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? RØDE is looking for passionate, talented and dedicated Mobile Application Developer to join our rapidly-growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Software engineer specialising in developing, designing and implementing application software for mobile and desktop platforms.
- Work with wider software/firmware team to construct Android/Apple OS/Windows applications and interfaces for wide range of audio electronics products.
- Maintain and utilise programming experience in C/C++, PYTHON, UI frameworks (NodeJS, QT, SwiftUI etc.).
- Harness third party libraries and frameworks such as JUCE, Gstreamer in order to enhance and supplement user experience.
- Collaborate with other software/firmware team members to contribute to source controlled software repositories and projects.
- Read and understand hardware specifications and schematics, in order to collaborate with and assist firmware and hardware teams complete a full product launch alongside any companion application software components.
- Complying with all obligations under Work Health and Safety Legislation
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electronics Engineering (or similar)
- Expertise in C/C++, Python/Bash/Other Scripting Language
- Understanding of UI frameworks (NodeJS/QT/ASP.NET/SwiftUI etc.)
- Demonstrative experience in code optimisation and hardware architecture specific deployment (Apple M1, x86 etc.)
- Even better if extra experience in DSP architectures and Linux frameworks such as JUCE, GStreamer, FFMPEG
- More than 4 years experience as a software/electronics engineer with a discrete focus on high quality software development and testing.
- Demonstrative experience using GUI and mobile application development frameworks and languages.
- Demonstrative experience working with Apple OS/Android/Windows developer environments.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry.
If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.